Surprised this is picking up so much press:
As a pair of European designers have demonstrated, it is in fact possible to intertwine the fun-factor of trampolines with utility. And the world is now a better place. First off is the proposed trampoline “Bridge in Paris,” a design that was put together by Atelier Zündel Cristea of AZC Architecture Studios.
His describes his floaty bridge thusly:
It appears to us that Paris has enough bridges. Our intention is to invite its visitors and inhabitants to engage on a newer and more playful path across this same water.
We propose an inflatable bridge equipped with giant trampolines, dedicated to the joyful release from gravity as one bounces above the river.
Is it dangerous? Probably. Would it ever get approved? Doubtful. But I’m still excited to see this getting so much press, since that indicates that people are interested and hungry for opportunities to get outside and play!
Coverage on the inflatable bouncy bridge:
- In the future, everything will be made from trampolines (io9.com)
- Inflatable trampoline bridge in Paris (lostateminor.com)
- Trampoline bridge in Paris would be a fun way to cross the Seine (newslite.tv)
- A Trampoline Bridge For Bouncing Across Paris’s River Seine (fastcodesign.com)
- Trampoline bridge is a disaster that really needs to happen (dvice.com)
- Conceptual Trampoline Bridge Across The River Seine (geekologie.com)
- Bizarre Trampoline Bridge Proposed In Paris, France (gadling.com)
- French Architectural Firm Proposes Trampoline Bridge (newsy.com)
- Trampoline Bridge in Paris Might be the Coolest Ever (techeblog.com)
- Bounce Across A Trampoline Bridge? (uniquedaily.com)