Happy Friday! I hope you have plans to go out and play. I totally want to play here!
‘superkilen‘ is a kilometer long park situated through the nørrebro area just north of copenhagen’s city centre, considered one of the most ethnically diverse and socially challenged neighborhoods in the danish capital as it is home to more than 60 nationalities. the large-scale project comes as a result of an invited competition initiated by the city of copenhagen and the realdania foundation as a means of creating an urban space with a strong identity on a local and global scale.
more via superkilen urban park by BIG architects, topotek1 + superflex.
- Superkilen, an innovative public space in Copenhagen (welldesignedandbuilt.com)
- Superkilen VS Christiania /Formal VS Informal (nclurbandesign.org)
- 5 Beautiful Urban Parks in Unlikely Places (ecosalon.com)
- More Topotek 1: Temporary Playground (collabcubed.com)
- 5 Beautiful Urban Parks in Unlikely Places (odewire.com)